join our team!
Permanent Term Employment: Executive Director
The Arctic Institute of Community-Based Research (AICBR) is seeking an Executive Director. This position will oversee the operations of AICBR, a dynamic and unique northern research non-profit organization working in the fields of climate change, food security and healthy lifestyles.
- Research planning and management; project planning and management; human resources management; financial planning and management;
- Working closely with the Board, staff, funders, and partners in supporting the long-term vision and goals of the organization.
- Strategic, operational, and fundraising plan development and implementation including development of strategic research funding proposals;
- Supporting AICBR research projects and leading research initiatives;
- Engagement and communication with community stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in health, social sciences, environmental sciences or related field and demonstrated experience working with Yukon First Nations communities and local, regional, and federal organizations.
- Equivalent research and work experience and/or education may be considered.
- Experience leading a non-profit organization in Canada’s North;
- Proven project management, financial planning, and supervisory skills;
- Demonstrated communication, planning and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Proven successful fundraising and research experience.
- 30 to 37.5 hours per week.
- Compensation: $38 -45/hour, commensurate with experience.
Application deadline: May 4th, 2018
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
For additional information about AICBR please explore our website: www.aicbr.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.