AGM and Open House
The Arctic Institute of Community-Based Research (AICBR) is hosting its Annual General Meeting on Wednesday, June 15th from 12:00-1:00pm, followed by an Open House. Please join us at 308 Hanson St.
AICBR is a non-profit organization working to improve community health and wellbeing in Canada’s North through partnerships and collaboration with others. Please visit www.aicbr.ca for more details.
Directors’ positions are open!
To advise, oversee policy and direction, and assist with the leadership and general promotion of AICBR so as to support the organization’s mission and needs.
- Organizational leadership and advisement
- Oversight of policies and procedures
- Development and oversight of strategic plan, business plan, and communications strategy
- Financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget
- Review of organizational and programmatic reports
- Promotion of the organization
- Fundraising and outreach
* Members of the Board share these responsibilities while acting in the interest of AICBR. Each member is expected to make recommendations based on his or her experience and vantage point in the community.
Meetings and Time Commitment:
The Board of Directors meet once per month, during the lunch hour
Expectations of Board Members:
- Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis; and special events as able
- Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by AICBR mission, objectives, and programs
- Help communicate and promote AICBR mission and programs to the community
- Become familiar with AICBR finances, budget and financial/resource needs
Treasurer position open
- A skilled and qualified treasurer with financial experiences that will be able to work closely with other staff members and the bookkeeper when needed
- Professional experiences as an accountant an asset
- Experience working in a non-profit organization an asset
- Attend monthly Board meetings
- Overseeing finances of the organization and assisting bookkeeper as needed;
- Presenting quarterly financial reports to Board
- Preparing (with bookkeeper) and presenting financial statements at Annual General Meeting
- Ensuring development and Board review of financial policies and procedures
- Participating in discussion and decision-making process of the Board
- The Treasurer is a Member of the Board that is elected by membership at Annual General Meeting (AGM) for one year, to expire at next following AGM, though a longer-term commitment is ideal
- Attending monthly Board meetings
- Time needed to prepare to present quarterly financial reports to Board and financial statements at AGM